Scrum is simple; it consists of six time boxes (one of which is optional), three roles, and three ‘official’ artifacts. A sprint, the first of the six time boxes, is an iteration defined by a fixed start and end date; it is kicked off by sprint planning and concluded by the sprint review and retrospective. The […]
A Scrum Master knows that high-performing Scrum teams will create products that customers love. In order to create such a team, the Scrum Master must do the following:
- Removes obstacles, and then encourages team members to remove their own obstacles.
- Blocks and handles interruption from any source, protecting the team members from the distraction.
- Does not allow team members to be taken or moved from the team.
- Helps the team discover new ways of working (for example, helps the team adopt Extreme Programming practices).
- Recruits missing skill members for the team upon the team’s advice.
- Supports pairing and learning within the team.
- Supports learning across teams.
- Educates team members on the benefits of the test-first mindset.
- Empowers team members; encourages risk-taking; delegates.
- Utilizes open, collaborative, and honest communication style.
- Helps the team plan realistically.
- Encourages shared roles and responsibilities toward an over-arching team goal; makes such goals visible.
You might be interested in the following courses:
Course Category: Development Methodologies
A ScrumMaster must have a deep understanding of the Scrum framework. The job of a scrum master is to help the customer and the team to work very closely ensure expected deliveries. Scrum Master facilitates the team members to reflect upon ways that they can improve their day-to-day communication and processes. It is the responsibility […]
Agile Methodology refers to the software development methodology that is centered around the idea of iterative development, where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organizing cross-functional teams. The various Agile Methodologies share much of the same philosophy, many of the same characteristics and practices. But from an implementation standpoint, each of these methodologies has […]